Main | About Strigoi

"I am a very unpredictable individual. I welcome change and devour it wholly upon its entry into my life. It is for this reason
and the availability of information that posts will be erratic in submission, some days nothing, some days five posts. Keep one eye open....."




Friday, February 2, 2007

About Strigoi

Welcome welcome. My name is Strigoi and I will be your guide through the underbelly of the occult in it's rawest and most untainted form. If you would like to know more about me there are a few places to find me. Though I detest the idea of web 2.0 I use it just the same. One is foolish not to utilize any and all tools available to accomplish a task, stigma be damned. I hope you came here for information on occult practices and old traditions because if you didn't you'll be highly disappointed. I think it's safe to say that there is mature and often times gruesome content posting in this journal, but in these liberal times of absolute censorship I feel what the hell - closing your eyes won't make the bad things go away, so grow up. At any rate, I am an old soul in the form of a young woman and I reside in the southeastern United States, neighboring New Orleans, the modern land of voodoo. My grandmother was Creole and was born and raised in New Orleans, and though she was a Catholic woman she had many customs and superstitions bordering on the occult, and I adopted them at a young age.


I make a living as a graphic designer and am an active member in the vampire community. Personality-wise I am unapologetic and passionately against organized religion. I believe organized government is a necessary evil because some people really are too stupid to think for themselves, but in terms of religion I believe until you can die and come back saying "hey, jews were right" it's all a shot in the dark anyway. Far be it for someone no more versed in the afterlife than myself to tell me what's on the other side. I certainly believe that we live on. To reiterate I believe we are not bodies with souls, we are souls with bodies. I don't have a theory as to how we came to be, but some questions are better left unanswered.


People seem obsessed on discovering our origins then find themselves horribly depressed when 'science' tells them we were a meaningless accident. Religion was once our science, now science has become our religion. Thus religion serves its purpose: to instill meaning in the lives of those otherwise without purpose or direction. Unfortunately, organized religion was born as a product for those not wanting to take responsibility for their own lives, and utilized by greedy bastards to prey on those who fear their impending death. This is the problem I have with it. I believe in every aspect of life, especially with answers to the unanswerable, one should accept only what they know to be true and leave the rest behind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home